Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Trust

As I near my departure date to Fiji, I have been evaluating myself and what things I would like to work on this summer. I realize I have a hard time trusting because of past friendships, relationships and family dynamics. I find that I treat my relationship with God as an earthly relationship. I have a hard time trusting God based off of things that people have done to me in the past. I have seen God work in my life and in the lives of others, I know he isn't bound by worldly views, so why do I try to relate his relationship with earthly ones from my past? I hope that being pulled out of my comfort zone and out of my world, I'll be able to look past all the hurts that have been subjected to so that I can better understand that the relationship God offers to his children far supersedes anything we can wrap our human minds around.

No comments: